Thursday, January 22, 2009

They Won't Have Nixon to Kick Around Anymore!

Me After One Day as a "Civilian"

Considering my political leanings, it would be a "convenient truth" if I were getting out of the Navy because of Obama's inauguration, but I made this decision long ago in about 2006 while on my second deployment somewhere underwater in the Pacific. I'm grateful there's people that stay in and go on to become senior officers, but it's not for me. I don't hate the Navy or anything, and I hope people out there consider serving in the Armed Forces or consider making the military a career. The best way to describe it is kind of like the Zipper ride at the state fair: Lots of ups and downs, you vomit up corn dogs, some angry carney yells at ya, glad to see it in the rear view mirror, but you're happy you did it. Tomorrow is where I get to hear the two sweetest words in the English language: "Honorable Discharge".

No comments:

Post a Comment