Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Angst of Kurt Cobain Lives On

Daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more


I just remembered that Kurt Cobain killed himself (or his wife shot him if you're into conspiracy theory) 14 years ago. I still remember when that happened, and I was in 8th grade at the time. As a poorly-adjusted, rebellious middle-schooler, Niravana was pretty damn inspirational. I know it's cliche to say, but, unfortunately, music has been pretty shitty ever since. I guess I like some country and the punk resurgence in the late 90s, but that's about it. Mainstream music seems to have shifted from angst-ridden, iconoclastic rage to watered-down, corporate-ridden, bubblegum nonsense. Any musical suggestions past 1995, please leave a comment (note: no Jack Johnson, that guy blows).

No comments:

Post a Comment