Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FUP Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize! (ish)

^^This panda can feel its grip on humanity slipping away.^^

GREAT NEWS PEOPLE. The fine people at Logo have announced that I AM BEING NOMINATED FOR AN AWARD. It's for "greatest person ever" (or something) on their NewNowNext award show! You can even vote for me!!!!1111!! The show is somewhat low budget (it can't afford spaces in its name) so I don't think I'm getting any money, which seems like bullshit. But it is on TV, which means THIS SHIT IS GOING GLOBAL. Let's be honest here, people, this isn't the best thing that's ever happened to me, but it's the best thing that's ever happened to you!!!

Now, I know what you're thinking: this blog is awesome. But I know what else you are thinking: isn't Logo a gay network? How does telling cute animals what's what relate to the gay community? Well, as long time readers of the blog know, this blog actually started out as a major LGBT news and debate site. We would have commentary, as well as people from different walks of life come on the site with opposing viewpoints and they wouldn't be able to leave the computer until they sorted out their differences! A lot of people don't know this, but I was singlehandedly responsible for putting the whole gay marriage argument to rest (glad that's over, wtf, am I right?). Many others remember my thought-provoking and truly moving Will and Grace farewell post, which received four separate Peabodie Awards. Eventually, though, all gay-related websites evolve into anti-penguin campaigns (you should see the relaunch they are developing for the GLAAD website, even I think it goes a little too far).

I would also like to add one thing: Penguins have impeccable taste in interior design. If it wasn't for gay people, those flightless bastards would be the only ones we could call to move from shabby to chic. So thank you, Logo. Even though my cable company doesn't put you on my television, I'm sure you are great, if only now by association.

No comments:

Post a Comment