Monday, February 21, 2011

WHY I'M NOT SURPRISED

So Last week, CBS Sports complied a list of MLB’s top 50 players in the game today. It was written by CBS Sports columnist Larry Dobrow. Click HERE to read it.

Anyway, of course, as a Yankee fan I wanted to see where they put our boys on the list and who they left off. To my “surprise”, once again, the Yankee-hating continues!

Now, yes, Larry wrote his list based on his opinion and some stats, but come on! I can’t help but give y
ou my 2-cents on why this list should be shredded!
  • No Jeet or Mo: Um, what? Yes, it's true, I scanned it once, twice, three times and could not believe, either. NO Derek Jeter and no Mariano Rivera. How do you not have the Captain and the greatest pitcher, not just closer, on any Top 50 list? I thought the end of the world was coming. It was slightly bizarre.
  • Tex and A-Rod are not in Top 10: Seriously. Isn't there something wrong with that? Even as a non-Yankee fan, you have to respect A-Rod's numbers, don't you? So yes, no Top 10, or at least Top 15, but conveniently Larry has two Red Sox players in the Top 15. Adrian Gonzalez-#8 and Carl Crawford-#13. Now I know I woke up in bizarro world. I can’t wait until Gonazelz and Crawford cave in to the pressure. Man, I hate the Red Sox.
  • Youkilis is ahead of Teixeira. Yes, you read that right. Youk is #21 and Tex is #28. Are you kidding me? Based on what? I would take Tex over Youk on fielding alone! What a joke!
Now, I'm not about to totally go off on Mr. Dobrow. I actually have to give Mr. Dobrow a bit of credit for at least placing Robinson Cano at #6. Other than that, this list is so all over the place. But you be the judge, what do you all think? Again, click HERE to view the list.


--Mikey Blue BYB Staff Writer


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment