Sunday, February 20, 2011

WHY WE DON'T NEED PUJOLS

"I'm not going anywhere... I got that no-trade for a reason. I'm going to be buried in these pinstripes. You know what, I would be disappointed if the fans of New York weren't looking to make our team better, but they've just got to know I'm not leaving." --Mark TeixeiraMark Teixeira wants to be buried a New York Yankee. That's how he brushed off silly suggestions that a swap between he and Pujols should happen. Bravo Mark, Bravo. His quote kind of gives me a tingle down my spine. Yanks are in his blood. He's bleeding Yankee Blue. You have to love that.

It isn't enough to Yankee fans that they want championship after championship is it? Many Yankee fans want a trade in, and it's crazy. They would actually be willing swap a staple of the 2009 World Champion Yankees for an All-Star National League first baseman in sir Albert Pujols. Yes Pujols is great, but don't disrespect Mark Teixeira. To do that, I say, shame on you!

It's clear to me that Tex means what he says and has been super productive during his short Yankee career. Defense and RBIs is why we signed Mr. Teixeira and there's no denying, he's delivered. So why do we want to suddenly trade him for someone we suspect "might" be better in the AL? Ridiculous.

Mark Teixeira was a gift to us. We tend to forget that. He was moments away from signing with the Boston Red Sox in the winter of 2008 when suddenly, Brian Cashman swept in and signed the guy because he thought for sure he'd help bring the Yankees a championship. He was right. So, we win 1 championship and suddenly you're willing to throw him overboard? I don't see it.

For 1, while Pujols is great, you don't abandon a soldier in combat and you don't turn your back on your brother. So why in hell would you do that to Tex? I say let Mark Teixeira continue to produce as a New York Yankee for as long as his contract allows and be thankful that we have such a talented ball player at first base in the Bronx. After all, he wants to be here, several of us want him here and he is, after all, one of the best players out there. Did you forget that? To trade him in for someone who's never hit a ball in the American League is silly. That, I suggest, is the world of unknown. With Tex however, you know what you're getting. Quality NOW! Mark can hit in any park, in any league, at any time. He's proved it in his career and he deserves respect from the New York fans. So give it to him. End this ridiculous debate.

So, before you turn your back on an extremely talented first basemen, let's at least realize he is solid where he is and let's appreciative that he wants to be in the Bronx for life.

Tex is King, let's applaud him. That's my take, what do you think?

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment