Monday, March 31, 2008

Dear Abby: Why is my BF a Pederast?

My mother frequently tried to improve my manners by posting Dear Abby clippings on the fridge while I was growing up. Whether or not this was beneficial is unclear, but I certainly feel the same way as Ms. Abby in her latest response.

A reader writes questioning the moral ramifications of her boyfriend, who coincidentally is a single dad that likes to sleep in the same bed as his 13-year old daughter.

DEAR ABBY: I have been dating "Jim," a single father of an 18-year-old son and a 13-year-old daughter, "Jenna." The girl is very close to her parents to the point that she sleeps with them. On nights she's with Jim, she shares a bed with him. Jim and his ex have been divorced since Jenna was 2. She shared their bed while they were married. I no longer bring up the subject. I guess you could say Jim and I have agreed to disagree. However, I don't think a 13-year-old girl should be sharing a bed with her father. To put it bluntly, it gives me the creeps.

To which Abby responds:

Jenna is no longer a child, and frankly, to continue this practice is inappropriate and potentially stimulating for both of them.

If I was Ms. Abby, I would have also advised the reader to look for the tell tale signs of a kid-toucher such as an '88 Aerostar Van with no windows, a NAMBLA gazette, and scars around the gentleman's kidneys where he got shanked while doing a 3-5 stint at the state prison.
Am I the only guy who thinks Dear Abby is hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment