Monday, March 24, 2008

A Tale of Three Americas

My first two deployments were spent out at sea and tucked away under the ocean. Free time was spent watching a crappy assortment of TV shows such as Jem and the Holograms, Magnum PI, and The OC. I also worked a lot on my Jesus needlepoint. Anyways, due to the cold-war era style of communications on a submarine, we rarely knew what was going on in the outside world. I think there was a war with Lebanon and Israel back in the summer of '06, but I can't recall. Anyhoo, this deployment has been significantly different and I have had access to news worldwide and all with a sober mind. Unfortunately, I'm exposed to nonsense like Bush hanging out with Mr. Easter Bunny (h/t Wonkette):


Meanwhile, I'm hitting the deck to dodge incoming like an asshole on Easter Sunday. But, I'm not going to turn this blog into a pogue bitchfest. I bet I had it a lot better than this poor fella below (ABC):


Illustrates what the priorities are in our current society. Sad indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment