Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#29... RAFAEL SORIANO... THE SET-UP MAN... #29

Rafael Soriano is officially a New York Yankee. And for the moment, all is right in the Yankeeland, for the moment. Hopefully we hear some news about Andruw Jones today.

Soriano took #29. Now Cervelli needs to fina another number. Man, talk about getting the shaft. First we hear Cervelli was on the trading block for Russell Martin. Then the Yankees make Jesus Montero and Russell Martin the platoon, now #29 gets taken from him... What's next, bullpen catcher?


By the way, River Ave Blues had a link, right HERE to the history of the #29. I thought that was pretty neat, check it out.
The Yanks will use Soriano as the set-up man for Mo with the possibility that he could succeed Rivera as closer when Rivera's new contract ends.

Soriano said this about being a setup man for the Yankees: "I know a lot of people will find this strange, but I'm very happy to be close to the greatest closer, and hopefully in the future I will be a closer, too. Mariano is one of the ones who actually did something for me to be signed by the Yankees. I'm going to learn a lot from him. He's one of the greatest closers and the communication between he and I is wonderful. We're going to do a lot of good for the team."

We're happy to have you Rafy. Thanks for coming to the Bronx.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment