Saturday, January 15, 2011

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG ANDY?

"Andy's been very communicative [with me] on this issue. Right now, he's not playing. If he decides to play, it will be for us. He's a Yankee, from start to finish. I don't think he's determined whether he's officially finished, but is choosing at this stage to not start 2011." - - Brian Cashman

Day 76 and nothing is new on the Andy Pettitte front. If he has lunch in Texas, reads the newspaper or watches the Patriots, Jets game tomorrow, I will let you know right away.

Oh, and this, Jon Heyman from Sports Illustrated has reported, and I mentioned this in WHY NOTHING'S CHANGED, That Andy Pettitte is in fact working out. Well, That's a good thing. If this is true, one can believe that he's coming back. Again, all of this is speculation and the whole Yankee Universe wants him back, who doesn't... I just hope this is true, and he just isn't doing aerobics with his wife or something.

Cashman has told everyone that he's not waiting for Pettitte. After the Soriano signing, I believe him. He recently stated: "I'm actively out there, but it's a very thin market that we're playing in now. We continue to explore free agents and trades. But we have to be patient, and we may end up having to rely on our strong farm system sooner than we expected."

Anything new happens, you will know about it. For now, It's Day 76.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment