Monday, January 17, 2011

WHY IT'S OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW

So Marcus Thames, the Yankees former part-time DH, part-time outfielder has signed a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Thames had been attached to Yankee rumors as a backup plan if the Yanks couldn't nail down Andruw Jones or someone else. Respectfully, I say the best of luck to Thames. He appeared as a great teammate and he never showed defeat, even when he struggled. I wish him well. Meanwhile, we don't have Jones yet, but the reports are we are close.

Hopefully it gets wrapped up within the next 24 hours. The rumors are that the deal is for 1 year, but this is a Boras client, so somehow I don't see it being 1 year. If it is, I consider this a plus. Jones has had a decent career and many feel his good years are behind him. I believe while this may be true, I sense a revival for Mr. Jones. Let's hope I'm right.

Looking at the rumors heating up again about Freddy Garcia, The Yanks and Orioles appear to be the front runners. Look, I told you my feelings about Freddy Garcia. I like him. Again, based on the selection of free agent pitching right now, I feel like he's the best option, that being said, his days are over as well. Do I expect a renaissance from Mr. Garcia? Not totally. But I expect something. In my eyes, anything is better than Sergio Mitre. I DO have faith in Freddy Garcia, although Yankee Stadium could be a suicide for Freddy. If he can't strike people out, if he gets rocked game after game with fly balls that are deposited into the stands, he will cement his end. But, the only way to know is to see what he's got spring training. It's very possible he could surprise all of us.

Things are starting to happy Yankee Fans, it's going to be OK. One step at a time, one step at a time.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment