Monday, January 17, 2011

WHY ACTION IS DEMANDED

The Andy Saga continues...

Now the Yankees don't think Andy's coming back. "Less Optimistic" it's being reported. A "50-50" shot according to one Yankee official rather than the "60-40" shot from last week. Seriously... we are hanging on every word here. Does anyone else find this to be silly? I'm not even sure I'm posting about it, I guess I just want to keep you all in the loop but the reality is this is the same story as these:

WHY IT'S DAY 78 FOR ANDY
WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG ANDY?
WHY NOTHING'S CHANGED
WHY PETTITTE WON'T BE THERE OPENING DAY

Someone just said the same thing differently. If I had to predict right now, Andy Pettitte IS coming back. I predict an official answer by around the 26th of January. That will be right around the time he did it in the winter of the 2008-2009 season. Look, I am basing my prediction on nothing. I just can't imagine this going on much longer, it's exhausting.

In many regards, you can't be pissed at Andy. He's totally allowed to do this. He has no contract and he's told the Yankees to move on without him. Yes, it appears Cashman is doing just that. It also appears sometimes that Brian Cashman is the 5th grade nerd at the school dance that thinks the hottest chick in school likes him after a tutoring session and when he arrives at the dance to see confess his love, he finds that she blew him off for the football captain. Well, right now Andy's wife is the football captain and I don't want to see Cashman's sad nerd face at the end of the dance. Believe me, no one does. I feel like sometimes Cashman is being had.

The other side of the coin is, Andy's being selfish. Andy's waiting for a good offer. I hear that a lot but I don't buy it. Look, I get it, but we all know Andy's not a prick. Unfortunately for us, if we had another starter, this decision wouldn't bother all of us like it's doing right now. Because we have CC, a shaky Burnett and a fairly new Hughes, everything is amplified because of the holes. It's a bad situation.. it sucks.

My suggestion to everyone, we need to focus elsewhere, wait for official word and count the calendar days until Pitchers and Catchers WITHOUT Andy. Otherwise, we're all gonna be that 15 year old nerd crushed at the school dance. Believe me... no one needs that.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment