Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHY THERE’S NO ROOM FOR PAVANO… EVER

I usually love the way Brian Cashman works. Yes, this off season has been a slow one for the Yankees, but I’m starting to understand why… There’s just nothing out there.

That being said, when I read about the unusual offer made to Carl Pavano by the New York Yankees of a 1 year deal worth $10 million, I got queasy. I don’t mean I needed to lie down and put a warm washcloth on my forehead, I mean I wanted to vomit all over the place, uncontrollably. That kind of queasy.

The fact that the Yanks would even consider bringing Pavano back is downright shocking to me. At first, I thought this was a joke. I mean, Carl Pavano literally raped the Yankees of $40 million bucks over his 4 year contract where he went 9-8 with 5.00 ERA and made just 26 starts. IN FOUR YEARS. He should be paying us to play in New York again.


Cashman said: "I always thought that Pav can pitch here, He has shown he can pitch in difficult circumstances. Did I have conversations with [Pavano's agent] Tom O'Connell about Pav? I did. Ultimately, I don't think he was afraid of coming back here."


Listen Cash, this is a simple one. Is Pavano afraid to come to to the Bronx? No. That’s not the question… The question is Do Yankee fans want him here? Hell No. Did he prove that he can pitch again in Minnesota? Yes. Yes he did. Well, that’s fine with me. He can stay there. Cash, None of us want him in the Bronx ever again. He was an embarrassment. He was a disappointment, and there is nothing that you or he could ever say or do to make me change my mind. Carl Pavano was a disgraceful New York Yankee and I am almost ashamed that he was ever IN pinstripes.

And while I’m on the subject of fans, Mr. Cashman, I understand this free agent market is lean, but you’re job is to give the New York Yankees fans what they want and to help bring NY another championship. We may not be the smartest, we may not be in the meetings you’re in, we may not see all the stats and reports you see, but we love our team, and don’t like to be disrespected, EVER. Bottom line, that relationship with Pavano is over. And thank god it ended with Mr. Pavano signing what looks to be a 2 year deal with Minnesota yesterday.

Dare I say, Sergio Mitre would have been a better choice. At least he tries. Carl couldn’t pitch his way out of a paper bag without getting a buttock pull.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment