Saturday, August 27, 2011

WHY HURRICANE IRENE IS A BITCH



I just found out the Yankee game is rained out, according to Brett Gardner on Facebook of all people. Love that. The Yankees and their fans were hoping to turn around AJ Burnett's horrendous pitching performance last night. Hopefully, eventually, we can get back to baseball, get a win and all will be forgotten.



But in all seriousness, while winning is the name of the game, safety is the real focus right now. Many Yankee players have families along the East Coast and some are not with them in Baltimore so it's got to freak them out a bit. Get a check list, make sure you have a plan and keep yourself surrounded by family.



Me being on the East coast, my family and I had to get everything prepared in case of an emergency. I reached for my flashlight this morning to find that the batteries were dead. I told my kids 1000 times to never use the flashlights in case there's an emergency. Well, there's an emergency, no flashlight. Luckily we had an extra hidden away. Sump pump and backup are ready, we have food and water and now we wait, hell, maybe we even pop in the DVD of the 2009 World Series or something before the power goes out. It's a weird day, the calm before the storm.



When baseball resumes, some day, I'm assuming Ivan Nova will be set to go for the Yankees against the Orioles Zack Britton. Nova needs to come up big, and perhaps get his 14th win. Hopefully he can.



Destruction is bound to happen today, so just be safe, don't be a hero. Think first, act second and make sure everyone is accounted for. True, we all love baseball, but family is first... Good Luck.Keep checking here and I'll try to give you updates when I can. My buddy Charles wished me well today and jokingly I wrote him "Family in the car ready to go, looking for Wi-fi for my BYB readers!" He liked that. I kid, but seriously, I'll keep you in the loop on the Yankees and everything every chance I get, if I can of course. Trust me though, I won't be getting into harms way. I love you guys, but not that much.



I may be the head of Bleeding Yankee Blue, but do you think I'm an idiot? Don't answer that.



Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment