Friday, August 5, 2011

THE YANKEES RALLY CRY... WIN

I love blowouts when the Yankees play. I love good, clean hits, runs and rallies. I love winning streaks and dominant pitching, much like everyone else who loves the game of baseball. Well, the table is set for what seems to be the most important weekend in Yankees/Red Sox history. OK, maybe I’m being overly dramatic, but the point is clear; The Yankees are in first place, tied with the Red Sox and they are coming in with a 7 game winning streak. The Bombers are clicking night after night and if the passion for victory wasn’t clear before, it is now.It goes back to every big play against the evil Red Sox, and one of my favorites has to be Bucky Dent crossing home plate after his historic 3 run home run in the 1978 AL East division playoffs. It was beautiful then and beautiful even today when I hear Bill White's home run call.

I often think about Derek Jeter making a brave catch in foul territory and then sailing straight into the stands face first. That's heart, that's passion, that's wanting to beat the evil Red Sox so bad, you'd do anything to make sure it happened.



In all the games against division rivals, no games are more important than these 3 this weekend in Boston. I firmly believe that winning against all division rivals in the second half of the season is crucial, but beating Boston always feels the best for me. Seeing Derek Jeter fist pump after a victory means this is big and this weekend, we'll him do it. Seeing Alex Rodriguez crack a home run against Jonathon Papelbon brings smile to my face every time. While Alex isn't there, there's plenty great hitting from the Yankee lineup to keep the line moving. Hell, I just want to beat enough to make me smile the next 3 days.Bottom line, you need to win all 3 all or at least win every Series. The biggest test is against the biggest rival. It's tonight, no bullshit New York… this is it. Treat it like a playoff game. Do it for the fans and do it for you.



Look, I love a Yankees win but I love a Red Sox loss more, especially this time of year. Keep the hot hitting coming; Do you hear me Mr. Granderson? You have proven to be a true leader of this Yankee team and your leadership is needed more than ever right now. How about you Jeet? Can you continue to set the example for strength, passion and victory? I know you can. Teixeira, crank it over the big green monster, once, twice or 3 times, we love it. Gardy... run your ass off. This is it, make your point.

So, what's the key to the weekend? Great pitching for 1 and continuing the hot hitting for 2. I’ve preached about how I’d love our rotation be: 1-CC Sabathia, 2-Bartolo Colon, 3- AJ Burnett, 4- Freddy Garcia and I’ve explained my reasons in WHY FREDDY GARCIA IS THE YANKEES ROCK. I believe that formula can help this team in any big playoff or any big series.

Bartolo Colon has the confidence and the drive to get a win tonight. Freddy Garcia has the experience and the heart and creative ability to get hitters out, every time he's out there. The wild cards of Colon and Garcia have turned into assets and they are the key to the Yankees this year.

Big Bart has an important job tonight. He can’t think, he needs to motivate and dominate. Motivate the Yankees and dominate the Sox with his stuff. He needs to go 7 strong and he needs to make his pitches count. Once he does and once the Yankees own the Red Sox in the offense category, it’s just a matter of keeping them down. The evil Sox always fight back so that means once Colon gets the hook, Robertson, Ayala and Cory Wade need to tee up Mariano Rivera. No runs can score. They need to be the stopper.

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching is the name of the game tonight. It's my message to the Bronx Bombers. Just win. Do everything you have to do to make sure these Red Sox know that there isn’t room for them in the AL East anymore. Bottom line, Red Sox Champs are so 2004. It’s 2011 now. We will win it all again, not them. Why? Because we’re the God damn New York Yankees, that’s why.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.



No comments:

Post a Comment