Sunday, April 17, 2011

WHY CHAVEZ IS A SUPERSTAR

(Photo: AP)
Clearly Eric Chavez was the star tonight, but this game was more of a nail biter than any Game 7 I've ever seen. Back and forth all night and really really good. I really want CC to get his win already though, it's weird now, isn't it? Poor CC Sabathia. I know CC wants what's best for the team, but we've got to get our ace a win soon.

Tonight's game was better with the sound off at times. I can't bare to listen to the ESPN guys. It makes me miss Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. Yes, you heard it here first.
CC pitched well tonight, yes, he pitched against a tough Rangers team and a tough Adrian Beltre, but the Yanks came back every time with the Cano homer, the Martin homer and eventually they took a brief lead with the Granderson home run so it was 5-4. That didn't last long when Joba let up a run in the top of the 7th. That being said, Joba was due to let up a run sooner or later. He was so lights out for so long, 1 run, will just allow him to build some character. He'll be back stronger tomorrow.What can you say about Cano by the way. He is on his way to what we've been suggesting at BYB as his batting title year. He will win it this year. Sez who? Sez Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Russell Martin clearly is locked in and another home run for him is just fine with me.

Grandy's shot was beautiful and yes, when the score was 5-4, I was loving it.

I have been thinking about the home runs lately though and my friend Rasheeda from Bomber Boulevard said it best. There is concern when the Yanks rely on the long ball too much, and I happen to agree with her. They've hit 25 home runs this season already. That's alot. Believe it or not, it's contagious to hit home runs but it's also addictive, meaning, if you strictly rely on the long ball and forget about small ball, you're eventually going to fizzle out. Playing catchup and just trying to hit home runs doesn't work all the time. Yes, I love the long ball, but fundamentals rule and switching it up with a few hit and runs, steals and opposite field doubles can really make a ball club. Just a thought, I'm not worried, I'm just thinking.

And as sure as I'm writing about the long ball compared to small ball, Eric Chavez does what he's been doing all year, filling in when needed and continuing to hit hot as hell. Bottom of the 8th, Chavez doubled to knock home Mark Teixeira. Slowly but surely, Chavez is becoming a genius pickup by the New York Yankees. Did I or did I not say in my previous post HERE, that I was expecting some hot hitting from Chavez tonight. Anyone want to take me to Vegas now? Love what Chavez is doing this year, he's making things exciting.

The Three Headed Monster made and appearance tonight and we keep seeing this every night. I'm wondering if that's a good or bad thing. Seeing these guys out there every day with other reliable pitchers in the pen could wear the monster out, can't it? Could the Three Headed Monster breakdown if they pitch every night of the week or is this the combination we've been waiting for and am I just being over-protective? We will wait and see, my point is, I don't want these guys dragging ass come August when it matters. Believe me, I love watching them work, but even Joba, Soriano and Mariano need a day off some time. Just keep this in the back of your mind. I'm sure it will come up again.

I love my New York Yankees right now. God Bless them and the fans that love them so!!!

Final score tonight Yankees 6 - Rangers 5.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment