Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WHY PATIENCE DELIVERS RESULTS

(Photo: Getty)
AJ Burnett is 3-0 and Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter hit tonight. So to everyone who assumed AJ Burnett was going to blow it and Derek and Jorge were at the end, ya'll can suck it because my Yankees are back! I wrote WHY IT'S NOT DOOM AND GLOOM about exactly this. Make sure you read it.

The first place Orioles lost tonight and the Yankees proved that winning can happen against anyone. Yes, Buck Showalter is a great manager, but let's face facts, the guys never won anything and for him to talk trash about other teams and other players was a tool to fire-up his guys and it backfired. It fired up the Yankees instead. You can sit here and tell me that the Yanks probably forgot about that stupid Showalter interview. I'm telling you, they kept it in their back pocket and used the negative energy tonight against Buck and company.(Photo: Getty)
Derek Jeter will have a decent series because while he doesn't say a lot, he knows what he needs to do against the O's...hit. Beat Buck. Show Buck you are the Captain and you can get the troops to rally around you and force a win, every time, or at least go down trying.

AJ pitched great tonight. By the 7th, it was clear he was tired, it's only his 3rd start and letting up 2 home runs in that inning was a clear indication that he was gassed. I did however like that Girardi didn't pull him earlier. Maybe he lost binder in the 6th.(photo: Getty)
Alex Rodriguez continues to clobber the ball and we needed that A-Bomb tonight. Thank you Alex. The flu? Hmm. You'd never know it. As far as I'm concerned, you and Cameron can be together for life. Clearly, she is your good luck charm and clearly you are feeling 100%. Good for you, I'm thrilled.

I found it weird tonight to look at the outfield and see G.G.S. so shallow, the whole game. As a former speedy outfielder, I makes more sense to me to run in, than to try and catchup running back on a fly ball. Kay and Leiter were discussing it tonight and I just don't know what to make of it. Do you? Maybe in the next few days, someone will shed some light on it.

And don't look now, but Mariano has his 5th save. Are you kidding me? How nice is that? I'm not going to lie, I missed seeing the Three Headed Monster in full effect tonight, but the reality is, if your starter goes 7, you really don't need them every game. That's OK. Robertson did great in the 7th giving Joba a rest and besides, Looking forward to seeing the Three Headed Monster tomorrow.

Tonight's game Yankees 7- Orioles 4. Way to go New York.

More to come? Not sure. Hughes on the mound tomorrow and all eyes will be on his velocity. Ladies and Gentlemen, don't expect much, but support Phil no matter what. I suspect this velocity thing is a work in progress and Colon will be on call. But don't get down on Phil, he will snap out of it. When? Well, that's another story.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment