Thursday, April 14, 2011

WHY WE DO THIS FOR YOU

I've been running Bleeding Yankee Blue since September 2010. I'm new at this. The one thing I like about what I do is that I used to think about doing it after reading other great Yankee Blogs and now I'm finally doing it.

As a newbie, we try to do what the others do, give you information and try to keep you up to date with anything Yankees. We also like to give our opinion. We are funny, and we're even sarcastic, but we are never abusive or cruel. Yes, we've ranted against the Red Sox, maybe we joke about the Mets, but the reality is, those are rivalries and while we don't care for those teams, we never actually hate anyone. But it's true, we are Yankees fans, all of us...myself... my writers, all of us love the New York Yankees and there's no hiding that. So, for example, if we like a move Girardi makes, we'll tell you. If Burnett made a bad pitch, we tell you why it sucked. That's what we do here. We don't take ourselves too seriously either, and you shouldn't. We do however, love to write for you.

As we move forward, the Yankee blog world has been incredibly supportive. I'm the little brother and they help guide me if I have questions. Almost all of the Yankee blogs are friendly to me. And, if they have an opinion about one of our posts at BYB or they don't agree with something I've written, they'll voice it, but because we're all human beings and in the same business, it's respectful, rarely is it not. Hell, sometimes I'm on other Yankee blogs and I may not agree with what they write, but I have 2 choices at that moment: I can click somewhere else, or I can leave a comment. Interestingly enough, because some of these blogs have been so kind to me, I've never started trouble. Why would I? It's their blog, I'm visiting. To me, it's like going to a new friends house and the last thing I want to do is track mud on the carpet. It's a respect thing. And the respect goes further than that. For example, when I like someone's blog, I promote it on mine. I'm happy to. Why wouldn't I?

But this point is clear. Lately, I've noticed some viciousness about our posts on BYB. The comments are usually silly and not necessary. It was like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't deserve the aggravation but more importantly, neither do you. The comments have been overly opinionated and borderline nasty. I'm not saying you have to love what you read on BYB, I'm saying ,there's a way to make a comment and not sound like a total douchebag.

So yes, they blast what we write, they demand clarity of my posts, like they're my mother. By the way, our posts are rarely ever dense, they're pretty easy to read. Sometimes they just don't get it or maybe they just don't like humor, who knows. Look, I'm not naming names, that's childish, kind of like the behavior I'm describing. But what I'm telling you is true and it needs to stop.

The good news is, Bleeding Yankee Blue works for you, the readers. I stand by what my writer's write. They are the best out there. I stand by what I write. Bottom line, we bring opinions, information and humor to the table every time. It's that simple.

BYB is slowly gaining interest around the world. Yes, we are a small readership, but you guys are loyal. Really loyal. I appreciate you, because without you, me and my writers wouldn't be doing this. So do me a favor, if you see nasty comments or if you notice obnoxious immaturity against our site or other blogs you like, defend what we do here, but politely. My blog is not about anger. It's about opinion and fun. I didn't start it to spit venom, I did it because I have a few stories, I love a good rant and I love my Yankees.

Continue to read us, send the link to a friend, but do me a favor, don't hate. It's obnoxious and tired. We're all just trying to have a good time aren't we? Oh and one last thing... GO YANKS!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment