Tuesday, April 19, 2011

WHY I'M OVER MARTE

(photo:
The only time I remember actually seeing Damaso Marte, was when he pitched awesome in the 2009 playoffs. That's it.

Now, I know he's pitched here and there but he is the relievers version of Carl Pavano to me, and to be honest, players with injury like Marte have made me very skeptical. No doubt, he can pitch, but only when he's healthy and that's rare. I feel like he's pulling the wool over the Yankees eyes, and I don't like my team looking stupid.

Damaso Marte has told ESPN that doctors cleared him for playing catch after the All-Star break. Guys, that's July. Are you serious? I took crazy pills right? Why does anyone care? Why is ESPN looking to report that story? Many Yankee fans didn't even know Marte was still around.

Hell, why am I writing about it? I'm a fool, that's why. Actually, I wrote about it because I'm ranting about players that are a waste of money and are unreliable I guess, and Damasco Marte is at the front of that line. And, while we're at it, why don't we see if Brien Taylor and Britt Burns are available. For you youngsters who don't know who I'm talking about, sorry. Those guys were injury plaqued in the 80's-90's and never panned out to squat.(In photo: Brien Taylor)
Anyway, Marte said this about him being cleared: “I have been working hard to come back. It’s too early to do anything right now since it’s only been five months.”

Here's something you can do sir, give the money back. You're milking this contract for every penny you're owed. This aggravates me. Look, I get it, players gets hurt, players have surgery. But for some reason, Marte gives me the same gut feeling as Pavano and I don't like it.

As far as I'm concerned, Marte is over. And he should be. That's it.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment