Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WHY GORDON MAY REPLACE COLON...WHO?

The Yankees have signed minor leaguer Brian Gordon, who is a veteran righty from the Phillies Organization. Apparently he opted out of his contract with the Phillies and the Yankees swooped in and signed the kid.

Now it seems, although not 10o% confirmed, that Gordon will get the call on Thursday to replace Colon in the rotation. Gordon was 5-0 with an International League leading 1.14 ERA for the AAA Lehigh Valley in the Phillies' organization.

Gordon said this to the YES Network: "I'm really looking forward to helping the Yankees. ... I don't know if [the start is] 100 percent. I was told be mentally prepared to start on Thursday. That could change."

Gordon is a converted outfielder and his only experience in the pros came in 2008 with the Rangers. He pitched four innings.

Not sure if Gordon is the guy or not but I found this nugget interesting. All this time I thought for sure Hector Noesi or David Phelps would get the call. But that's what Cashman does, he tricks us all for a bigger plan...and I love it.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment