Monday, June 20, 2011

WHY IT WAS SWISHALICIOUS


(Photo: Reuters)

The last couple games seemed evenly matched and this game is no different until the 8th. Playing in Chicago is no walk in the park and right now I'd say the Yanks really had a challenging weekend.

It was a back and forth battle tonight for sure. Both teams scored a run each in the first, then Chicago pulled ahead with 3 more in the third with a three run homer by former Yankee Alfonso Soriano. The Yankees got 2 back in the 4th and then they tied it 4-4 with another run in the 6th on Martin's sac fly. But luckily in the 8th, a big thing happened for New York, and that thing was Nick Swisher.

But let me back up and talk about another important man last night. Gardner led off and had a home run and a single last night. While it doesn't sound too exciting, it is. He's been on fire lately and like I said all winter, having him leading off consistently would be an asset to the Yankees. Maybe now that he's in a rhythm it will pay off.

Swisher is hitting .306 with a .453 OBP and 5 homers in his last 22 games, and I'd say his slump is over. He blasted A-Rod and Cano home on his homer in the 8th inning making it 7-4 at that point.

The Yanks then scored 3 more runs in the 9th inning and the Yankees were on their way at that point.Great news for CC Monster who received his 9th victory. He wasn't stellar, but he grinded it out again. A win's a win, but I want to see him in CC form, not Ivan Nova form. I'd really love to see him wipe up the competition next game.

Final Score: Yankees 10 - Cubs 4. the Reds are next and to tell you the truth, I picked the Yankees and Reds for the World Series this year, so for me, personally, I'm looking forward to this. I wonder if Paul O'Neill will be in the booth for these games? I hope so.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment