Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WHY YOU CAN'T DIG OUT OF A HOLE THAT BIG

(Photo: Getty)
Any time you put yourself in a 7 - 0 hole, it is almost impossible to get back in the game. I don't care what type of offense you have. The Yankees did their best tonight against a veteran knuckleballer like Tim Wakefield and they just could not get all the way back... again. It's like Groundhog day and it makes me sick. This is the difference in the game for me:

AJ Burnett: 5.2 IP / 7 H / 8 R / 7 ER / 4 BB / 3 K

Alfredo Aceves: 3.2 IP / 4 H / 1 R / 1 ER / 4 K

Now, you're wondering. "Why Casey, why did you put Aceves line on BYB and not Wakefield's?" It's simple, while Wakefield gave up 5 runs to the Yankees, Aceves shut us down only allowing 1 in 3.2 innings. Not sure if you remember this, but I was very upset when the Yankees let Aceves walk. Read WHY LOSING ACEVES HURTS. (Photo: Getty)
When you do, you will call me a genius. I told you all back in February my concern about Aceves going to Boston:

" I'm saying there will be 1 bright moment for him and a dark one for New York. It will be a glimmer, a small, yet smart play that will be overwhelmingly significant and turn the tables on the Yankees. It may be a strikeout with the bases loaded or an acrobatic play tagging A-Rod running to first. Something so all of us groan and wonder why Cashman's head was in the clouds all winter. Let's just hope the loss of Aceves doesn't bite us in the ass. "

Guess what Ladies and Gentlemen, we just got bit in the ass big time because say what you will about this game, Alfredo Aceves was on a mission tonight and he did what he wanted to do, beat the Yankees, not for the win, but for the satisfaction. That right there was a big F U.

There are a few highlights tonight:

Alex
cranked a solo shot out in the 4th to make it 7-1. It barely made a dent, but hey, a run's a run. It was his 11th and it was a great shot.(Photo Getty)
Derek Jeter had a beautiful RBI double in the 5th inning and he is now 11 hits away from 3000.

Also in the 5th, Mark Teixeira gets a nice sacrifice hit in a shallow left field and Jeter, being heads up, tags and scores. Love that.

Worst play of the game in my estimation had to involve Speedster, or dare I say, not so speedy, Brett Gardner. He blew it big time. Bases loaded in the 6th and a huge opportunity at the plate for Jeter. It looked like the ball hit him but it went to the back stop. Gardner didn't score. Now, to me, that is disgraceful. If you score right there, you change momentum for your team and you probably win. That can't happen.

Final Score tonight: Red Sox 11 - Yankees 6. I am totally not happy right now. One game out of first place and the Sox are in first? Am I in Bizarro World? It sucks.

Come on Yankees, tomorrow is a must win.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment