Thursday, March 24, 2011

WHY BUCK NEEDS TO SHUT UP

Really Buck? This is how you feel you need to motivate your team? Taking shots at Derek Jeter? Derek Jeter, whom you helped groom for the big leagues way back when! Buck, SHAME ON YOU!

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about need to just check out THIS and THIS.In a nutshell, Buck Showalter ripped into Derek Jeter for his exaggerated moves when pitches are just off the plate. He's quoted as saying:

"The first time we went to Yankee Stadium, I screamed at Derek Jeter from the dugout. Our guys are thinking, 'Wow, he's screaming at Derek Jeter.' Well, he's always jumping back from balls just off the plate. I know how many calls that team gets -- and yes, he [ticks] me off."

Whatever Buck, it's called baseball.

Look, I get it…showing your young team that no one is untouchable in baseball, even the great Derek Jeter. You're psyching them up. I see where you're going. It’s like the old line in Rocky IV when Apollo’s former manager screams at Rocky in the corner after cutting the invincible Drago: “See he’s not a machine!” But Buck, Jeter? You have to be kidding me?

Buck, I need to ask you this: What are you hoping this accomplishes? You are claiming Derek Jeter “jumps” back from pitches inside, so we are talking about the same Derek Jeter who probably gets hit in the hands by inside pitches more then any player and NEVER says a word? The man who just goes up to the plate and takes that same inside pitch next at bat and delivers it into right field? That Derek? OK Buck, now I need to ask, What the Buck?

So many players in baseball respect Derek Jeter, even your players. I actually think your strategy of going after Derek Jeter will backfire against you and your team. In case you haven’t noticed Buck, Jeter is not only an Ambassador to the great New York Yankees, but an Ambassador to all of Major League Baseball. Didn't a report come out this week basically saying the world still buys Derek Jeter Jerseys more than any other athlete? Read it HERE. The man has done nothing to you and you go after him? I'm not getting this.

All you've done is motivated Jeter and the Yankees even more and you've made your team look like a bunch of fools. Major League Baseball and fans around the country have been laughing at the Orioles for over a decade now and I think those laughs are only going to get more contagious by this Men's Journal piece.

Well done Buck, well done!



--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer



By the way Check out the latest comedy from Bronx Goblin HERE and HERE.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment