Thursday, March 17, 2011

WHY I BLED YANKEE GREEN ALL DAY

As I walked through New York today, I noticed drunk people, everyone wore green and everyone for some reason wore green Yankee hats. Look, I'm Italian. I don't get the Irish thing, yet, at the same time, I respect it.

And while we're on the subject of green, personally, I have never liked a Yankee hat other than what a Yankee hat is supposed to look like. And I'm sure for tons of people today, it wasn't so much their team, but the color of the hat. That usually happens. If you were to ask some dude at a bar "You a Yankees fan?", they most likely would slur their way to a a statement like "kind of" or "It's green bro, not really." It happens all the time.

To be honest, I get it and it doesn't really bother me even though I like it more when a true Yankee fan wears a Yankee hat. One thing that I DID like today though, was seeing those interlocking N-Y's all over NYC in the warm sunny weather. As I walked by bars of half dressed green females falling out of doorways, drunk dudes looking for a fight and as I tip-toed around puke filled streets, I was happy believe it or not. March 21st is the first day of Spring and the baseball season officially kicks off the end of the month. If you're a true Yankee fan like me, this is better than anything at this time of year. If you live on the East coast, you know we got the shit kicked out of us all winter, our heating bills are outrageously high, my lawn looks like crap right now and I think I shoveled my driveway at least 12 times. I'm not talking 1 inch shoveling, I'm talking 1 foot. "What's your point bro, spit it out"... that's what you're thinking, right?

Point is, I'm ready. We're all ready. It's almost officially spring and it's almost officially baseball season. This winter for the Yankees started chaotic and we were left with question marks. Those question marks flourished into some very nice looking pitching and a ball club that can seriously contend in the American League East. Right now, I like my New York Yankees... A lot and I know we have a shot.

So Happy St. Patty's Day you BYB freaks, thanks for reading, you know I appreciate you. Hey, and for all you faithfuls who had some ideas for BYB St. Patrick Day post titles, keep them coming. I love the creativity. You know who you are!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment