Monday, March 14, 2011

WHY THE YANKEES LOVE MANNY (BANUELOS)

"I'm sure there is going to be excitement." Joe Girardi

The Yankees have a good feeling about Manny Banuelos, if they didn’t they would have never decided to put him up against Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox tonight in a televised game. This is a positive more by Yankee brass and I love it.

I believe that Manny is our future. Teach him well and let him lead the way… Sorry, I heard Whitney Houston on the radio moments before I wrote this. The truth is, those words ring true. Manny will lead the way if we put him a spot like this. If he were to fail, he would learn from it. If there is success, we look like geniuses, all of us. Cashman can then sit back and smile like Mr. Miyagi did when Daniel son crained Johnny from Cobra Kai in the face. What I mean is Cashman is smart to keep Manny despite everyone yelling to unload some prospects for starting pitching, me included. He believed in the kid. In the end, Cashman’s about to prove that he’s the man, and BYB and all the other people giving their opinion need to chill.So, how did it happen? How did Manny get the call for tonight? Turns out, my pal Sergio Mitre has an oblique strain of some kind, so this kind of fell in Girardi’s lap. I say it that way because I believe it was the Yanks top guys who made this choice, not Joe. I think brass wanted to see more of this kid, who wouldn’t, he’s got lightening stuff, he just turned 20 and he knows how to pitch like a veteran. Look, Cashman knows Manny isn’t going to be a major league pitcher come Opening day, I’m just saying they want to see the guy pitch on a mock “big stage” and if he handles the pressure well, my guess is we’ll see the guy this year, even if it’s for a relief appearance sometime in August. Maybe sooner, who knows.

Banuelos was scheduled to pitch in a relief spot tonight already, the starting shot tonight will be much more important to the young man, especially because it’s against the evil Red Sox. I like this. Good luck kid, knock’em dead.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment