Saturday, March 12, 2011

WHY THE NFL LOSS CAN BE MLB'S GAIN

If this NFL lockout has taught me any thing, it’s this: It's painfully obvious the NFL can give a rats ass about me, the little ‘ole NFL fan! These BILLIONAIRES and MILLIONAIRES cannot come to an agreement on the nearly $10 Billion the NFL made last year. Think about this folks, the NFL made record profits in 2010, in one of the worst economy’s in decades!

Where does that leave football fans like you and I? Well, I know where it has pushed me: Right into the arms of America’s favorites past time: Major League Baseball, specifically my boys from the Bronx! So I am done talking about the NFL for quite a long time. It's time for me to turn full focu
s on my Yankees as they look to win their 28th Championship. And, if Major League Baseball knew what was right for them, they would seize this opportunity to cater to their loyal fans and come up with some unique ways to bring in some new fans, specifically these disgruntled NFL fans into their ballparks.

Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig, MLB owners, and MLB players should immediately take notice and work together to show that they care about their fan base.

So how do you do that? Well, that’s a good question and I assume there are much smarter people then me to come up with such ideas and hopefully they are working on this right now. I have one though that I would recommend this to every MLB Team... let me know what you think…

“Donate-your-NFL-gear-to-charity-night!” Every fan who brings their favorite NFL team’s shirt, or hat, to the ballpark that night and gives it to charity, The name of that charity could depend on the fan or the Baseball team you're donating to. When you done, you get 10% of the ticket price or a free hot dog and soda, etc. Or how about a free MLB shirt with you teams logo on it?

You like this idea? Reach out on Twitter: @MikeyBlue2323 and tell me what you think.



--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer




Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment