Friday, March 25, 2011

WHY I'M SAD MITRE WAS TRADED

For everyone who just found, Yes, it's true, Sergio Mitre was traded, and I'm sad!!!! Moments after the minor league deal of Kevin Millwood was announced, it was soon announced that Sergio Mitre was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers for outfielder Chris Dickerson.

Now, you're wondering why I'm sad. Well, damn it, who the hell am I going to rant about now? My first rant on this blog was about how much Mitre drove me crazy. It was called WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT from back in September 2010. Now what am I going to do?

Anyway, you can read the story about the trade HERE.

The Yankees get Chris Dickerson, who batted .278 in 17 games with Milwaukee this spring. It's another outfielder and that's fine, especially for Mitre, he can platoon in the outfield and be a bench player.
According to Hardball Talk, Milwaukee could use Mitre as a starter. Mitre was fighting for a starting role for the Yanks this year, but he pretty much just needed to show up to Spring Training and cement his fate as a mediocre starting pitcher for the Yanks. He did, and now he's gone, finally.

So, yes, while it's a sad day in BYB land, it's also Happy UnBirthday to me! But yes, today is the last day I speak of the man known as Sergio Mitre.

I wish him well. Maybe in some place other than New York, Sergio will perform. Anything's possible.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment