Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TAKING CATCHING TO A NEW LEVEL

We've had some pretty bas ass catchers in our time. Yogi, Thurman, Girardi, Posada. All of which got dirty, kicked ass, yelled at umps on close plays, hell Posada even had words with Pedro Martinez.

Well, Russell Martin may be a bad ass, but he also paints his finger nails. Hmmm. Now, before we all get crazy, it's about helping his pitchers, I swear.(Photo: Martin's photo from Twitter)
Martin paints his nails so it's easier to read his signs. It's dark between his legs (that's what she said) and neon yellow is easy to see. My concern only concern is the opposing team stealing signs from second base. Should we be worried about that? Just asking, because I just don't know. I'm just thinking, say for example, Carl Crawford gets to second base in the next Yankees-Sox game, hard to believe, but possible. Could he see the signs from second?Now, no doubt I'm confident in Russell Martin right now. he's been throwing out base runners and has a hot bat. And Yes, it's true, back in February, I wrote a piece before Martin even played a pro game in Pinstripes called WHY #55 SHOULD NOT BE WORN because I'm a big Matsui fan and I was certained, no player should replace Matsui's #55 in the Bronx. Well, I like being wrong and Russell Martin clearly reads BYB because he's proved me wrong.

Russell, you do what you do best, kick ass like all the other great catchers in our Yankee history, and if you want to do it with painted nails, no one, and I mean NO ONE will judge you Sally...
er, um... I mean Russell. Go get'em bro.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment