Saturday, May 28, 2011

WHY PENDLETON IS OUR GOLDEN BOY

Say what you will about moves the Yankees have made over the years. Some are horrendous, others are gems. We've dealt away farm hands that have turned into bright stars and we've kept ones that shit the bed. The Yanks go through the numbers, look over physical records and determine who goes and who stays. So the night Lance Pendlteton debuted with the Yankees and struck out the first 2 batters he faced, I knew right then that we had a new golden boy, and he made me smile.

Pendleton has impressed me in his few appearances this year. He's got good stuff, he's a confident young guy on the mound and doesn't seemed phased by the pinstripes, he just wants to do a good job, and he has.

So far, Lance Pendleton has tossed 7.1 shutout innings for the Yanks. He's struck out 3 and walked 2.

To me, this kid has something special. He was sent down recently by the Yankees and I guess Girardi missed him because they called him back up and send down Amauri Sanit. Read the story HERE. This year Sanit has compiled a 8.53 ERA. He’s given up 8 hits and 6 runs. To me, that screams "work in progress.". It's good to see the Yanks taking notice and making some key moves to strengthen our already great bullpen. I'm happy with Pendleton, are you? Comment and let us know.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment