Monday, May 16, 2011

WHY WE NEED TO SAY A PRAYER

(Photo: Star Ledger)
Rays 6 - Yankees 5. 6 game losing streak and 12 for 16. Armageddon? No, but it's close. I am a Yankee fanatic. I love my team and when we lose, I take it hard, to the point where when I wake up in the morning, I still think about it and it bothers me all day. I hate it. Tonight, we did it again and I'm about to lose my damn mind.

The Yankees scored 5 runs tonight, 3 of which came from the bat of Curtis Granderson again with another home run. It was great to see and we were on our way until the meltdown in the 6th inning happened and the Rays scored 5. They eventually scored another to make it 6 and that's all they needed. Absolute disaster New York, absolute disaster. Burnett was stunned, I was stunned and then I got pissed.Tonight the Yankees did fine when it came to situational hitting, and I was pleased with that. Maybe now we can get into a situational hitting routine. David Price was beatable tonight, lucky us, but after he came out and the Rays bullpen took over, the bats went ice cold.

Look, I'm at a loss for words, so give me a pass, this is disappointing. Tomorrow it's Ivan Nova vs. James Shields and if we ever needed a win, it's tomorrow night. Ivan is not the guy I'd want on the mound in a situation like this, probably because he got rocked in his last outing, but let's face it, it's the only thing we have.

Don't get it twisted, Yankee brass is in the War room right now, coming up with scenarios, trade ideas and call ups. They will be looking to trim the fat, get some starting pitching and shake it up a bit. The Yanks are in a world of hurt, and in my opinion, no ones job is safe. Look for moves to be made, trust me, it's coming. There's only one thing us Yankee fans can do...say a prayer.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment