Sunday, May 22, 2011

WHY THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT

(Photo: AP)
The Yankees win today and won the Series... this time to the New York Mets, a team that played decent until the wheels came off for Pelfrey today, then at that point, they all seemed to disintegrate in front of my eyes. For the Yankees and us fans, it was glorious.

Look, I'm no Mets hater and I never was. The truth is, I really can't stand the evil Red Sox, yet, I respect some of those guys. That being said, any time the Mets lose to the Yankees, I'm pretty happy.(Photo: Getty)
Ivan Nova gave up 3 runs today on 11 hits. He wasn't awesome, but he did what he needed to do to get to the 7th inning. Ok, I'll take that considering he didn't have a good outing last time. One thing is for sure, I will take this performance from Nova every time, especially if the Yankees can do what they did today...small ball and runs.
(Photo: AP)
The 7th inning was magical and it all stemmed from Derek Jeter. See? I told you he wasn't done. After his hit to tie the game at 3 against Pelfrey, the Yankees scored 6 more runs to just run away with the game.

Alex Rodriguez, Robinson Cano, Brett Gardner and Chris Dickerson all followed Jeter with hits to drive in the rest of the runs.(Photo: AP)
Robinson Cano had a hit to center and Brett Gardner's nice loop helped tremendously today. I need to be honest, I didn't have hope when Gardy came to the plate for some reason. I'm glad I was wrong.

Final Score: Yankees 9 - Mets 3. I'm happy with this game. If you know me, 2-1 games, or 4-3 games just freak me out, too damn stressful. 20-3, or 9-3 games... yeah that's my style. It's not boring, it's just my Yankees kicking ass, and I'll take that all day long. I'm about pounding the opponent, not tip-toeing through the ball game. The Yankees know my style of play, and delivered. Thank you.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment