Thursday, May 19, 2011

WHY CC MONSTER HAS ARRIVED

(photo: Getty)
That's the kind of game I like. CC Sabathia is officially in a rthymn now and this is the perfect game to get back on track. 8 innings of shutout ball following Colon's stellar pitching performance last night. CC is our ace and CC seems to always have early season blues, but this game is his break out game and we'll see much more of this CC the rest of the way. CC threw 109 pitches and 94 of them were strikes. Holy crap.(photo: Getty)
The other news tonight was Jorge Posada playing first base. It was the first time he's played 1st since 2008. I'm not going to lie, when someone like Posada is down and out, the last thing I think I would do as a manager is put him somewhere that would make him feel uncomfortable. I think he passed tonight's test with a nice scoop from Jeter's bad throw in the fifth, so maybe it was a good thing for him...a change of scenery.

The hits just kept on coming tonight. Derek Jeter had a few hits, a triple and a double and then we saw something really nice...Swish and Tex hit as well. Swish with a 3 run triple and Teixeira with a 2 run homer. And Jorge... good old Jorge Posada had a nice RBI double.
(photo: Getty)
Cano got hit by a pitch tonight. He'll be ok.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Blowouts are my kind of game, especially when it happens this way. No pressure, no stress, nice and easy.

Final Score: Yankees 13 - Orioles 2. That's 3 wins in a row. I smell a winning streak coming...do you?

Subway Series starts tomorrow night. Freddy Garcia (2-3, 3.22) vs. R.A. Dickey (1-5, 5.08 ERA). I will be there. Yanks need to win it for Bleeding Yankee Blue...Casey will be in the house.
Booyah!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment