Friday, May 20, 2011

WHY WE NEED TO GET EXCITED

Going to Yankee Stadium tonight, I was expecting a heartfelt buzz from our fans. I was expecting excited fans ready to kick the crap out of the Mets. To my surprise, I didn't hear the crowd I expected, only a lot of Mets fans, who, by the way, were respectful... just louder than us.

The Bleacher Creatures roll call was great as usual. That will never get old, but I have to say, the Yankees fell flat tonight and the fans seemed to follow. I wasn't too pleased because when I'm in the Bronx, I want it wild.

It was weird tonight and dare I say, alittle too familiar. What I saw is what I've been seeing from the Yanks as of late, sluggish ballplayers that don't seem in tune with the game or their team. Look, teams are allowed to have off nights, but let's face it, being at the Stadium and watching them bat against RA Dickey, I felt as though, his stuff was good, but hittable and being right there, in person, it just felt like they didn't have it.Now, Tex clearly launched one tonight, but even that home run barely made it over the right field wall. Alex struck out at one point and you could see him scream the "F" word as he walked back to the dugout, something I never normally see him do. Even our Captain just didn't seem "on", even looking up into the crowd a hell of a lot tonight making me think he just wasn't into the game. Now, look, I'm not saying Jeet wasn't thinking about playing ball, I'm just asking, why was he looking into the stands so much?Yankee Stadium is a terrific place. There's a lot of great food, the fans are loyal and passionate, and hell, I've been told you can even order a Merlot in the good seats. My point is, I was hoping for some craziness tonight, I was hoping for some hardcore chants to get the Yanks rallying to 4 wins in a row. Tonight, we all just fell flat, players and fans alike. I have to admit, even I was alittle off. Bottom line, the Yanks feed off the fans and the fans feed off the Yanks. Tonight, we couldn't sync up. Tomorrow, we have to.

AJ Burnett goes for the Yankees in the next game of this series. To me, this game is important to Burnett. For 1, he didn't look too good his last outing and 2, we need to bounce back tomorrow to send the Mets a message...don't come into our house and get comfortable...this is the Bronx bitches.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment