Friday, May 27, 2011

WHY I DROP NAMES LIKE I'M SOMEBODY

(photo: NY Daily News)
Eduardo Nunez- Art Stapleton from NorthJersey.com wrote a great piece about Eduardo Nunez. Read it HERE. In it, he basically talks about how Nunez, when given the opportunity in the field, needs to shine or he will surely be a trading chip this year. I agree with that and it goes back to his fielding errors. No doubt, Nunez makes a lot of them and that can really hurt the guy, especially in big games. Yes, he has a decent bat and a great arm, but errors will kill a player and if the Yankees showcase this guy and he proves to fall flat and the Yanks suddenly aren't interested anymore, he could be harder to trade as well. We'll have to see what happens with this kid because I personally, don't love him, but many do. If I had to predict, I say Nunez is traded at some point between now and next season. While the brass have stated they don't want to move him and like his potential, if a team dangles great starting pitching in front of them, I say they trade Nunez.(photo: Star-Ledger)
Rafael Soriano- An amazing tid-bit i didn't even realize. Since Soriano has not played with the Yankees due to his injury, (Read about that HERE), do you know that the bullpen has a 1.85 ERA without him over the last nine games. And by the way, if you thought the NY Sports Media
likes Soriano, think again. Just type in Rafael Soriano in Google News, there's nothing good written about the guy.(photo: Mike Ashmore / Silva with Thunder in photo)
Carlos Silva-Silva pitched in AAA and did well. He tossed seven shutout innings and helped the Scranton Yankee team to a 5-0 win over Louisville. Read the story HERE. Silva seems to be doing OK in the minors and if we were to need a spot start, or if someone goes down, I'd say this maybe a good alternative. We will have to see. You know me and veterans, I like them. Remember what I said about Freddy Garcia? Read WHY FREDDY'S ON A MISSION.

Things are happening about your New York Yankees, educate yourself. We're on our way Ladies and Gentlemen.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment